DOXA presents films that have not been seen by Consumer Protection BC. Under BC law, anyone wishing to see these unclassified films must be a member of The Documentary Media Society and at least 18 years of age, unless otherwise stated.
When you purchase your membership, you are entitled to view screenings, provided you have your membership and your ticket.
You also become a voting member of The Documentary Media Society and will be eligible to vote at our next Annual General Meeting:
When: Monday, November 30th, 2020 | 6:00pm PST
Where: Zoom (online due to COVID)
Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
Watch our 2016 Festival Trailer to learn more about why you need to have your DOXA membership card during the festival:
Consumer Protection Act
- DOXA is responsible for operating in compliance with the Motion Picture Act and Consumer Protection BC.
- To attend a Documentary Media Society film screening (which may not have been classified by Consumer Protection BC), you must be a Documentary Media Society member.
- Membership is by annual subscription and is limited to persons who are 18 years of age or over.
- Only members are permitted to be present at the place where a non-classified film is being exhibited.
- The Documentary Media Society mandate is the encouragement and appreciation of motion pictures as a medium of art, information or education.