DOXA presents films that have not been seen by Consumer Protection BC. Under BC law, anyone wishing to see these unclassified films must be a member of The Documentary Media Society and at least 18 years of age, unless otherwise stated. Films that are open to youth under 18 can be found here
When you purchase your $2 membership, you are entitled to attend screenings, provided you show your membership card and your ticket.
Get 15% off of all food and drink at JJ Bean locations during the festival with your DOXA membership card.
You also become a voting member of The Documentary Media Society and will be eligible to vote at our next Annual General Meeting. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Watch our 2016 Festival Trailer to learn more about why you need to show your DOXA membership card during the festival:
Consumer Protection Act
- DOXA is responsible for operating in compliance with the Motion Picture Act and Consumer Protection BC.
- To attend a Documentary Media Society film screening (which may not have been classified by Consumer Protection BC), you must be a Documentary Media Society member.
- Membership is by annual subscription and is limited to persons who are 18 years of age or over.
- Only members are permitted to be present at the place where a non-classified film is being exhibited.
- The Documentary Media Society mandate is the encouragement and appreciation of motion pictures as a medium of art, information or education.