All venues are wheelchair accessible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the DOXA office to make note of space requirements for advance ticket purchases. Attendants accompanying people with disabilities will be admitted at no cost.
The Cinematheque • 1131 Howe Street (@ Helmcken St)
Museum of Vancouver • 1100 Chestnut Street
The Post at 750 • #110-750 Hamilton St (@ Robson St)
RAMP* audit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vTNbl8wYMtQ2s-vSw5YE...
People with mobility issues: Elevator access to The Post at 750 is through the CBC at 700 Hamilton. Take the elevator to "UL" (Security Desk). Go up the ramp towards the security desk and go outside through the doors on the right. The entrance to 750 Hamilton is about 100 meters on your left. Buzz #110 on the intercom. There is an accessible-activated button to the left of the door.
Wheelchair/Mobility Scooter/Mobility Restricted Access:
The space is free of stairs and steps. The accessible entrance has two automatic doors and two non-automatic doors; the non-automatic doors are near attended desks if assistance is required. Seating is not currently arranged in an accessible fashion in the waiting/lounge area, but this is easily changed.
SFU's Goldcorp Centre for the Arts • 149 West Hastings Street (@ Abbott St)
RAMP* audit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tcuD2VfeMKIIPGwqYxqPGhfBcfhsCLN-6y_L...
Vancouver Playhouse • 600 Hamilton St (@ Dunsmuir St)
RAMP* audit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iFbgJojvekGSLXtifhwSBidEAbmU5qL17_Xv...
- Seating: Wheelchair seating is on the orchestra level. There are 5 wheelchair spaces in the theatre.
- Patron drop-off and pick-up: There is a driveway for taxis and for pick up and drop off of handicapped patrons.
- Parking: Accessible parking is available with an accessible parking decal in the Queen Elizabeth Theatre parkade, beneath the theatre itself. Vancouver Civic Theatres makes every effort to accommodate a reasonable number of accessible parking spots through our contract with Metro Parking. The Queen Elizabeth Theatre parking lot has recently undergone parking lot restorations, which necessitated a change to our processes. Metro Parking attendants have now been tasked with ensuring that the accessible spots are available up to 30 minutes prior to the event, at which time the spots are released.
- Elevator: Elevator access goes between the main lobby and balcony.
- Washrooms: Wheelchair accessible washrooms are on the orchestra levels.
- Hearing and visual assistance: Hearing-assist units and binoculars at available at the main lobby coat check.
Vancouver Public Library, Central Library • 350 West Georgia Street (@Robson St)
The Central Library has elevators to all levels and all of our washrooms are trans* inclusive. We have wheelchair accessible washrooms available on levels 2, 8 (near the Theatre), and 9. We have family washrooms on the lower level in the Children’s Library, as well as changing tables in all of the washrooms on levels 8 and 9.
The Montalbano Family Theatre has accessible doors and two to three wheelchair accessible spaces – full details here: http://www.vpl.ca/montalbano-family-theatre
VIFF’s Vancity Theatre • 1181 Seymour Street (@ Helmcken St)
RAMP* audit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xe6RzOOwX84WvWWlGq5Tjm0SKuIPB-4WpwMa...
*Independent accessibility audits via Radical Access Mapping Project. More info here: