VanPodFest Festival Coordinator
DOXA is excited to present the first annual Vancouver Podcast Festival, taking place November 8 thru 10, 2018.
We are seeking a dynamic individual who is interested in working in a busy, energetic, fast paced environment to fill the position of Festival Coordinator. All applicants must have excellent computer (preferably Mac) and Internet skills and the ability to work independently within a team setting, and a strong interest and knowledge of the podcast industry.
Reporting to and working alongside DOXA Senior Staff, the Festival Coordinator will oversee many aspects of planning and production of a 3 day festival (8-10 November, 2018).
Contract: August 20, 2018 - November 23, 2018
- Work with DOXA Senior Staff to produce and plan the Vancouver Podcast Festival
- Coordinate and schedule VPF panels, workshops and special events
- Help to establish a timeline for festival deliverables and ensure all team members are aware of deadlines, milestones and workflow
- Work with Development Manager to create and coordinate sponsorship packages
- Work with the Development Manager to coordinate and execute social events such as the VIP party and networking opportunities during the week of VPF
- Ensure all sponsors and partners have a successful experience of the festival and be the main contact in regards to special guests, speakers, filmmakers and audiences.
- Distribute festival marketing materials such as festival programs and posters.
- Work with Director of Programming and Development Manager to coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements for invited guests
- Drive or arrange local transportation for invited guests
- Liaise with reception venues, caterers, and rental partners, as required
- Working with the Volunteer Services and Operations Manager to coordinate receptions and hospitality events during the festival. This will include picking up and dropping off supplies.
- Coordinate social media and online presence in collaboration with Director of Programming
- Prepare a final report on your role in the Festival and make recommendations for the next festival
- Assist in general office duties, as required, (such as assisting with editing and distributing promotional materials and answering phones, filing, organizing mailouts)
- Must be 19 years or older
- Must have a valid BC driver’s licence, and meet the eligibility requirements for a Modo Car Co-op membership
- Serving It Right Certificate
Successful applicants will have or acquire in the position:
- Have strong organizational and project management skills - detailed-oriented with a strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage a budget and meet deadlines
- Strong interest and knowledge of podcasting industry
- Strong computer skills - Google Suite or Word and Excel are required
- Demonstrate appropriate problem solving capabilities, leadership qualities and initiative when required
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced work environment, experience with festival environment is favorable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attentive listener
- Have strong work ethic and a sense of team spirit
- A collaborative attitude and ability to work within a small, committed team
- An ability to work independently without supervision
Salary: $8,000 in total (billed by contractor). Exact hours are flexible and to be confirmed with the successful candidate. Please note the salary is based on full-time hours for the duration of the contract.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit is 4:00pm, Monday, July 30, 2018.
We strongly encourage applicants with lived experience, from First Nations communities, people of all races, colours, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and sexual identities to apply.