Development and Communications Manager
DOXA is presented by The Documentary Media Society, a Vancouver based non-profit, charitable society (incorporated in 1998) devoted to presenting independent and innovative documentaries to Vancouver audiences. Our mission is to support a better understanding of the complexity of our times through engaging the public in documentary media as an art form. The 18th annual DOXA Documentary Film Festival will take place May 2 thru 12, 2019. DOXA will present Vancouver’s inaugural Podcast Festival November 8 thru 10, 2018. The Documentary Media Society is a member tenant of the 110 Arts Co-op which manages The Post at 750 office and studio facilities.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and sociable individual who is passionate about the arts to join our small team. This is a unique opportunity to learn and expand your skills within an open-minded mid-size festival that operates within a collaborative, horizontal management style.
The Development & Communications Manager will work closely with the Director of Programming and Business and Finance Manager to provide strategic support and leadership for the organization. This individual is responsible to execute effective communication and development strategies while working within the mission, vision, and values of DOXA. An ideal candidate is proactive, self-motivated, organized, and passionate to strengthen our community.
- Develop and implement new marketing strategies to increase community engagement and overall awareness of DOXA programs.
- Prepare fundraising and sponsorship materials (may include grant applications, donor thank-you letters and impact reports)
- Responsible for content preparation for external communications (e.g. newsletters, press releases, reports)
- Research, prepare and manage content for website and social media platforms
- Lead, foster, and maintain DOXA’s partnerships with key sponsorship stakeholders
- Research new fundraising opportunities and increase revenue streams from donations, sponsorships and fundraising events
- Maintain and track donations including recognition and engagement of donors
- Lead advertising sales and fulfillment for the 2019 Festival
- Collaborate with staff on developmental goals
- Conduct research to identify individual, government and corporate donor prospects
- Cultivate relationships with like-minded organizations and community members
- Assist in setting targets and meeting short and long-term goals for growth and community engagement
- Completion of post-secondary program in a related field and/or relevant work experience in fundraising and/or communications
- Strong writing/editing and oral/interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with the non-profit/charity sector, fundraising and grants
- Experience with communications, event planning, customer service and marketing
- Experience managing social media and online communications
- Positive, professional demeanor. Very comfortable with donor relations
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Superior attention to detail and deadline-oriented
- Sales and data management experience
- Proficient in a range of computer software programs, particularly Microsoft Office, G Suite and online tools: CRM, Constant Contact, Salesforce preferable.
- Highly motivated and willing to support organizational needs beyond primary responsibilities
- Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, image software is an asset
Do you feel that you could help DOXA reach new audiences and communities? Tell us how in your cover letter. We are looking to find the right person for our team, with relevant skills and experience who is willing to learn and work with us.
Start Date: TBD
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: 38,000-42,000 includes benefit package.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Deadline to submit is 4:00pm, Wednesday September 12, 2018.
We strongly encourage applicants with lived experience, from First Nations communities, people of all races, colours, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and sexual identities to apply. We thank all candidates for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.