Submit Your Film
Submit Your Film
Submissions for the 19th Annual DOXA Documentary Film Festival (May 7-17, 2020) will open on September 23, 2019. Please check back for more information.
DOXA is an international documentary festival featuring new work selected by a jury, as well as thematic programming presented by independent curators. We are seeking submissions of short to feature length documentaries for our 2019 festival. This call for submissions is for recently completed documentary films. Awards categories include Feature Documentary, Short Documentary, Canadian Documentary, and Nigel Moore Award for Youth Programming.
SCHEDULE & FEES - to be updated on September 23, 2019. Please check back for more information.
Early Bird Submissions
Fees: $25 International Films / $15 Canadian Films
Deadline: October 20, 2018 (postmarked)
Fees: $40 International Films / $30 Canadian Films
Deadline: December 11, 2019 (postmarked)
Fees: $55 International Films / $45 Canadian Films
Deadline: January 12, 2019 (postmarked)
- All entrants will be notified by March 27, 2020.
- Projects screened or broadcast in Vancouver prior to the festival are ineligible.
- You may submit with an online screener or in DVD format. Please do not send Blu-Ray.
- Preview DVDs must be labelled with title, running time and contact information.
- Please preview your DVD prior to submitting; defective materials will be discarded.
- Rough cuts are eligible ONLY IF final cuts will be available by February 16, 2020.
- Preview DVDs will not be returned.
- Work produced in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
- Please enclose a brief synopsis and screening history.
- More weight is given to projects which do not take a conventional journalistic or commercial approach.
- Entries being mailed from outside Canada must be clearly marked: “FOR FESTIVAL PREVIEW ONLY - NO COMMERCIAL VALUE.”
- Please do not send your work via UPS (United Parcel Service); they have large brokerage fees and the package will be returned at the sender’s expense.
HOW TO SUBMIT
There are two ways to submit your film to DOXA.
1. Use the FilmFreeway service. Film details and payment can be submitted directly though FilmFreeway.
2. Use the Withoutabox service. Film details and payment can be submitted directly through Withoutabox.
If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact: Director of Programming, Selina Crammond selina [at] doxafestival.ca.