Submit Your Film
Submit Your Film
Submissions for the 19th Annual DOXA Documentary Film Festival (May 7-17, 2020) are now CLOSED.
DOXA is an international documentary festival featuring new work selected by a jury, as well as thematic programming presented by independent curators. We are seeking submissions of short to feature length documentaries for our 2020 festival, happening May 7 thru May 17, 2020. This call for submissions is for recently completed documentary films. Awards categories include Feature Documentary, Short Documentary, Canadian Documentary, and Nigel Moore Award for Youth Programming.
SCHEDULE & FEES
Early Bird Submissions
Fees: $25 International Films / $15 Canadian Films
Deadline: October 23, 2019
Fees: $40 International Films / $30 Canadian Films
Deadline: December 20, 2019
Fees: $55 International Films / $45 Canadian Films
Deadline: January 20, 2020
- Projects screened or broadcast in Vancouver prior to the festival are ineligible.
- Projects completed after January 1, 2019 will be prioritized.
- You may submit with an online screener. Please do not send DVD or Blu-Ray.
- Rough cuts are eligible ONLY IF final cuts will be available by March 15, 2020.
- Work produced in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
- Please enclose a brief synopsis and screening history.
- More weight is given to projects which do not take a conventional journalistic or commercial approach.
- Fee waivers are available for Indigenous filmmakers. Please email selina [at] doxafestival.ca for more information.
- All entrants will be notified by April 3, 2020.
- DOXA Documentary Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
- The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless The Documentary Media Society ("DOXA Documentary Film Festival"), its Board of Directors, Employees, and Agents, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
HOW TO SUBMIT
There are two ways to submit your film to DOXA:
1. Use the FilmFreeway service. Film details and payment can be submitted directly though FilmFreeway.
2. Use our internal submission form. Film details and payment (via credit card) can be submitted directly through our internal form. Please be sure to read all guidelines above before submitting.