How To Watch
Welcome to DOXA Documentary Film Festival! This year's festival is taking place in theatres, with select screenings online after regular festival dates.
Between May 4-14, 2023, DOXA will offer an exceptional selection of theatrical screenings, filmmaker Q&As and in-person Industry events. Select films will be available to stream online after the festival, between May 15-24, 2023, unless otherwise specified. Films are geo-blocked to Canada and virtual tickets will be limited.
If you have specific questions or require support, please email email@example.com.
If you would like to know more about the technology required for online viewing, please see our Eventive FAQ page.
DOXA presents films that have not been seen by Consumer Protection BC. Under BC law, anyone wishing to see these unclassified films in theatres must be a member of The Documentary Media Society and at least 18 years of age, unless otherwise stated.
When you purchase your $2 membership, you are entitled to attend screenings, provided you show your membership card and your ticket.
Memberships are available for purchase over here.
- General Admission • $15.00
- Students (with valid ID), Seniors (65+), Low-income • $13.00
- Opening and Closing Gala Screenings • $18.00
FESTIVAL 5 TICKET PACKS
- $65.00 (5 tickets) • Packs are valid for one ticket per in-person screening. Please note that ticket packs are NOT valid for Opening Night and Special Presentations and do not include the $2.00 membership.
- $195.00 • Includes membership; valid for all film screenings except Opening Gala.
- Rush tickets may be available at the door when all advance tickets have been sold. Any unclaimed seats will be released starting 10 minutes prior to the screening on a first-come, first-serve basis.
HOW TO BUY
- Onsite at in-person screening venues:
- The Cinematheque (May 5-14) — Box office opens 30 minutes prior to the first screening of the day at the venue.
- VIFF Centre (May 5-13) — Box office opens 30 minutes prior to the first screening of the day at the venue.
- SFU's Goldcorp Centre for the Arts (May 4, 6-9, 11, 13) — Box office opens 30 minutes prior to the first ticketed event at the venue.
- Community Box Office:
#110 - 750 Hamilton Street, Vancouver
April 29 - 30 (12-5pm)
Tickets are available for purchase online. Visit https://doxa2023.eventive.org/
VIRTUAL FILM TICKETS
INDIVIDUAL ONLINE TICKETS
- General Admission • $10.00
- Students (with valid ID), Seniors (65+), Low-income • $8.00
Your ticket allows you to unlock the film program once. After you press play, you will have 48 hours to complete the screening.
HOW TO BUY INDIVIDUAL ONLINE TICKETS
- Go to the online festival by visiting https://doxa23.eventive.org/welcome
- Browse through all of the available programs.
- Purchase your ticket or pass by selecting Unlock.
- Enter your email address to create an account.
- Enter your credit card information to complete the purchase of your ticket.
VIEWING DOXA FILMS ONLINE
- Select festival films are accessible through our Online Streaming catalogue
- You can screen the films directly from your laptop, desktop computer or mobile phone.
- Click Film Guide to see all the films we’ll have available during the festival.
- Click on any film to read our program notes and if you’re interested you can buy a ticket by clicking Select a Showing.
- You will receive an email with instructions explaining how to access the film after purchasing tickets to a screening.
- Third-party processing fees are applied to all online orders.
IMPORTANT: To ensure your set up is compatible with our online platform before purchasing virtual tickets, please try testing the following event in order to test for technical compatibility:
1) 2021 festival trailer. You can order a free ticket to test here.
All sales are final. No exchanges. DOXA only offers refunds in cases of technical failure or cancellation of a screening.
LIVE CHAT SUPPORT FOR ONLINE FESTIVAL is available at the bottom of this page: https://watch.eventive.org/help
If you would like to know more about the technology required, please see our Eventive FAQ page.
If you have specific questions or require support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.646.3200, extension 106.
Please note that DOXA staff may be working from home which means that there may be a delay in our ability to respond to phone calls and phone messages. We appreciate your patience as we navigate the ups and downs of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.