The Documentary Media Society, a non-profit charitable society, also known as DOXA Documentary Film Festival, is seeking a new Executive Director. For the past 15 years, DOXA has produced an annual festival of documentary films featuring local, Canadian and international productions. In addition to the festival DOXA presents year-round programming in collaboration with other arts organizations.
DOXA’s Executive Director reports to a board of directors and works with DOXA’s full-time Director of Programming and other staff. The successful candidate will provide guidance, leadership and stable management for the organization, work with the board and staff to meet short and long term goals for growth and community engagement, and will create and maintain a healthy, progressive, and productive working environment for staff, volunteers and board members.
The Executive Director’s duties include the following:
- Working closely with the board to develop short and long terms goals for DOXA, and to address issues facing the organization on an ad hoc basis. The Executive Director will also serve as a liaison between the board and staff;
- Managing the operations of DOXA, including hiring, training and supervision of staff, preparing an annual budget and overseeing the organization’s finances to ensure that financial targets are met;
- Planning and supervising the practical and logistical aspects of the Festival, while collaborating with the Director of Programming on all components of the Festival;
- Working with the board, the Director of Programming. and other staff to identify and pursue revenue from public and private sources, including grants, sponsorships, and donations, and to build and maintain relationships with funding agencies, other cultural bodies and organizations, donors and sponsors;
- Developing and executing marketing and publicity plans in collaboration with staff, volunteers, and external contractors, including the production of the festival program, the creation of marketing and publicity materials, and the execution of audience development and outreach strategies;
- Acting as liaison and representative of DOXA with the 110 Arts Cooperative and The Post at 750 facility.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume, including salary expectations, to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Application deadline is the 26th of February 2016.